If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had this as a side at a french restaurant and re-created it. I sometimes use fat-free half and half instead of heavy cream to make it healthier! —Joscelyn
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Lightly grease a 3-inch deep pan (any size will do, you'll just vary the amounts).
- Place a layer of sliced sweet potatoes on the bottom of the pan, covering every space.
- Sprinkle with 1T of brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 c. of shredded chesse.
- Cover with 1/4 c. of heavy cream.
- Repeat these steps until you get to the top of the pan, usually 2 more times.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until lightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.