Author Notes: I had this as a side at a french restaurant and re-created it. I sometimes use fat-free half and half instead of heavy cream to make it healthier! - Joscelyn
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Lightly grease a 3-inch deep pan (any size will do, you'll just vary the amounts).
- Place a layer of sliced sweet potatoes on the bottom of the pan, covering every space.
- Sprinkle with 1T of brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 c. of shredded chesse.
- Cover with 1/4 c. of heavy cream.
- Repeat these steps until you get to the top of the pan, usually 2 more times.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until lightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin