Author Notes: After years of making apple cakes for others, I created this one for myself. I like apples and just apples in my moist apple cake, hence the name: APPLE Apple Cake! - Joscelyn
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups apples, peeled & diced (about 3)
- Mix cinnamon, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Combine the two bowls and mix.
- Add apples and mix.
- Pour into a greased pan. (I use 8x8x2, but it's up to you!)
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the middle of the cake!
- Cut while still warm and eat it while it's hot! Will stay good for days in the fridge - just microwave!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake