If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite pizza to eat in Italy is topped with tuna, cherry peppers and thinnly sliced white onions. I often recreate this pizza to enjoy at home, but unlike most pizza I find that it's not that great cold the next day. This sandwich is my brown bag version of that pizza. - roseinparis
- 1 small can on tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 pickeled cherry peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 4 slices fresh mozarella
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl combine, tuna, peppers, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Slice open the ciabatta roll and top with tuna mixture, drizzle any leftover vinaigrette on the opposite side of the roll. Top with mozzarella, tomatoes and red onion.
- Place halves together and roll in saran wrap. By the time you are ready to eat it, all the flavors will have had a chance to marinate together and it will be even tastier than when first made.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch