Author Notes: My favorite pizza to eat in Italy is topped with tuna, cherry peppers and thinnly sliced white onions. I often recreate this pizza to enjoy at home, but unlike most pizza I find that it's not that great cold the next day. This sandwich is my brown bag version of that pizza. - roseinparis
- 1 small can on tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 pickeled cherry peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 4 slices fresh mozarella
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl combine, tuna, peppers, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Slice open the ciabatta roll and top with tuna mixture, drizzle any leftover vinaigrette on the opposite side of the roll. Top with mozzarella, tomatoes and red onion.
- Place halves together and roll in saran wrap. By the time you are ready to eat it, all the flavors will have had a chance to marinate together and it will be even tastier than when first made.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch