If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a variation of an anchovy tart that I had at a friends house. I like anchovies, but prefer them more on the lighter side within my recipes. I modified my friends recipe, in order to create a delicious potato gratin, with just a hint of the anchovies, to provide a unique flavor to the finished dish. —casuko
Oven Dried Tomatoes
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
Potatoes and Gratin Topping
- 1 pound potatoes
- 6 small anchovy filets, packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh grated pecorino cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Mix the salt with the sugar, and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cherry tomatoes. Top with the rosemary, thyme, and garlic.
- Dry the tomatoes in the preheated oven for one hour, with the door propped open one inch by using a cork. The tomatoes should lose most of their moisture, but should still be slightly moist and meaty.
- Peel the potatoes, and boil them in a pot of lightly salted water, until they are fork tender. Approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, and set them aside to cool. Once cooled, cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Mince the anchovy filets and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 12 inch round casserole dish lightly with olive oil.
- Scallop the potatoes on the bottom of the casserole. Top with the oven dried tomatoes. Sprinkle half the pecorino cheese and and half the dried oregano.
- Drizzle this layer with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Next, sprinkle the minced anchovies evenly over the layer.
- Mix the remaining pecorino with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the entire casserole. Finish by sprinkling the rest of the dried oregano over the cheese/bread crumb mixture, and finally the remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the upper layer of the gratin is golden brown and crisp on top. Approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).