If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making versions of this for years. Usually I go by feel and not by measurement. When I have enough cauliflower noodles made from the stem, I serve the stroganoff over them. You can see my recipe for a la carte noodles on this site. When serving them under stroganoff, I do not finish them with a sauce, but instead use wine and water to cook the noodles until tender. If you want a vegetarian version of the stroganoff, then substitute half mushrooms and half cauliflower for the beef and skip the step about removing them from the pan. - Sagegreen
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- a "glug" of olive oil
- 8 ounces grass-fed steak tips, cut bite size
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and minced
- 1 cippolini onion, chopped
- a splash of honey bourbon
- 1 teaspoon or so kosher or Himalayan salt
- 1 cup meaty mushrooms, sliced (boletus or bella, for example)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, tiny bite size
- 1 ounce fresh fennel, diced
- 2 ounces fresh sweet red pepper, cut into long thin slices, (and a few carrot pieces if desired)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/4-1/2 cups sour cream, depending upon your taste
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, dill, and chives, chopped
- fresh chopped herbs for garnish, same as above
- serve over cooked, shaved slices of cauliflower stem as noodles
- In a heated pan add the spices. Stir. Next add the olive oil (we love thirschfeld's glug). Add the beef to sear next. Then remove the meat from the pan. Next add a splash of bourbon to deglaze the pan.
- Add the garlic and onion and reduce. Add a bit more oil as needed. Next add the salt, mushrooms, cauliflower, peppers, and fresh fennel. After they caramelize, pour in the cream, stirring. Return the meat to the pan. When everything is cooked until tender (but not overcooked), just before serving, stir in the sour cream and fresh herbs until warm. Do not bring to boiling. Plate over cauliflower noodles, or your choice of noodles. Garnish with some finely chopped fresh herbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.