If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom was the originator of this recipe, but it's a staple in our house now...the technique works with other veggies too (broccoli, asparagus, etc) but is best with cauliflower. Even haters of cauliflower will love this...who can turn down a tangy dish coated with cheddar? mmm - thefood
Serves 4-6 side dish servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard (or any bold mustard) i typically use french's "bold n' spicey"
- 1/8-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Wash and dry cauliflower and cut into bit sized pieces (it's good to have stem and floret on each piece) and place into large bowl
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonaise and mustard and slowly add broth until mixture reaches the consistency of thick yogourt.
- Toss cauliflower with mayonaise mixture ensuring that each piece is thoroughly coated (I usually mix it with my hands) and spread evenly over large baking sheet (you may want to spray the sheet first with non-stick oil)
- Sprinkle cauliflower with cheese and pepper and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until pieces are fork-tender and the cheese is brown and crispy
- Taste a piece of the roasted cauliflower and if you feel it requires salt, add to taste
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe