Author Notes: This is one my favorite ways to enjoy roasted cauliflower. I'd be happy to eat it, salted, straight from the pan, but the lemon, honey and red pepper flakes make for an easy but slightly more civilized presentation. This salad travels very well, and is one of my favorite things to bring to work for lunch. - queenie_nyc - queenie_nyc
Food52 Review: The lemon and crushed red pepper make this easy-to-make cauliflower zippy and vibrant. Take the time to roast the cauliflower until well-browned with just a hint of char for extra layers of depth. - Stephanie - A&M
Serves 3-4, as a side
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into stemmed florets (about 4 cups)
- Olive oi
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, toss the florets with a tablespoon or so of the olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Grease a jelly roll-style cookie sheet (or shallow roasting pan) with a bit more olive oil. Spread the florets out in one layer on the prepared pan.
- Roast the cauliflower for 30-45 minutes, until it is cooked through and dark brown - even black - in most spots. Trust me.
- In the meantime, whisk together the lemon juice, honey and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Whisk in a tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is roasted to your liking, remove the pan from the oven and place the cooked cauliflower in a large bowl. Toss with the lemon zest, crushed red pepper, parsley and a pinch of salt. Add the dressing. Mix well, taste and adjust for seasonings, and serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe