Author Notes: I ate something similar to this in a restaurant in February, and I just had to figure out how to re-create it at home. So I fiddled, tested, tested some more (yum). It's something I could eat every week. - carrie.m
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 or 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 handful chopped chives, for garnish
- Adjust your oven shelf to its lowest position. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to boil for the gnocchi.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large roasting pan or sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with the garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Place the pan in the oven on the lowest shelf and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and stir the cauliflower (to ensure even roasting). Return the pan to the oven for another ten minutes. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water.
- Remove pan from oven and stir the cauliflower (again). Return the pan to the oven for another ten minutes.
- When the gnocchi are cooked to package directions strain them and return them to the pot. Put a lid on the pot to keep them warm.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and spoon into the pot on top of the gnocchi. Add parmesan and stir gently. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Plate and serve with chopped chives on top. Yum yum.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe