If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found a super simple and delish pizza dough recipe online, and have been making several pizzas a week since (uh oh!). The first one I made was with roasted cauliflower, thinly sliced patty pan squash, truffle oil, and a little bit of parmesan and mozzarella. So far, it was one of the best combos I've made. (The dough recipe is "quick and easy pizza crust" on All Recipes.com) —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes 2 thin-crusted 12 inch pizzas (approximately)
- your favorite pizza crust (enough for 2 thin crust pizzas)
- 1 head cauliflower- cut into florets
- olive oil
- truffle salt (or course sea salt)
- truffle oil
- 1 garlic clove- cut in half, skin still on
- 2 small patty pan squash- thinly sliced in discs
- fresh thyme
- 1 cup grated cheese (an Italian blend like parm and mozzarella is good)
- Preaheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cauliflower with enough olive oil to coat, and sprinkle with truffle salt. Put in a single layer in a baking dish, and baked for about 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
- Bump oven temp up to 450. Roll out pizza dough to form a thin crust, brush with truffle oil.
- Layer on cauliflower, thin slices of squash, and a thin layer of cheese. Sprinkle lightly with thyme.
- Bake until crust is light brown and cheese is bubbly (about 15 minutes, but varies based on your dough recipe). Right when you remove from oven, brush edges of crust with cut garlic.
- Enjoy (several times a week)!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.