If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for less starchy vegetable casserole for company of "dieters", I developed this wonderful recipe. Luscious and low carb. - loubaby —loubaby
Food52 Review: The dieters loubaby is feeding have it pretty good. How can you go wrong with bacon, cream and smoked gouda? It really is delicious, though very rich. I served it with osso buco at a family dinner. - Alain —The Editors
- 6 cups Cauliflowerettes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 pieces thick bacon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup shredded Smoked Gouda
- Preheat oven to 400.Toss the cauliflower with 2 Tbl oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread on rimmed baking sheet in single layer and bake until tender, about 30-40 minutes. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, cool and crumble. Reserve bacon. Add onions to the bacon fat and cook, stirring frequently until the onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the wine and simmer briskly until the liquid is nearly evaporated, about 10 minutes. Add the reserved bacon, cauliflower, garlic and sage. Toss and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Transfer the mixture to a greased shallow baking dish.
- Combine the flour with 1/4 cup of the cream, to form a smooth paste. Gradually add remaining cream and garlic; season with salt and pepper to taste, and then mix with the cauliflower mixture and cheese.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20 minutes, until done. (Casserole will be bubby and brown)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Are Marinades Worth It?
We're getting down to the meat of the issue
Are marinades worth it?
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's best #f52farmstands.
Have a ball (jar).