If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Want an explosion of fresh apple? My Mississippi Delta born mum's recipe will do it. With 3 cups of apple to 3 cups of flour, it only JUST holds together, but the taste is so divine, you won't mind the crumble. Take care when removing this cake from the pan - it requires delicate handling. I prefer this cake with the tartness of Granny Smith apples. —Frugal Kiwi
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil of your choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups peeled and chopped fresh apples
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 (160C). Grease a tube pan and dust with flour.
- Combine sugar, oil, vanilla extract, eggs, lemon juice, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Mix flour and baking soda then add to the first mixture and beat well.
- Add apples and pecans, if using, and mix well.
- Pour into prepared tube pan.
- Bake 1 ½ hours, until golden on top. Let sit a few minutes, then unmold.
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).