If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasting the cauliflower this way makes it tender and succulent without any of the malodorous side effects of boiling. The raisins add sweetness, the cauliflower "crumbs" give extra crunch and the parsley dressing drizzled liberally on top lifts this dish to positively delicious. Will convert even the cauliflower sceptics! I guarantee it! - Foodieinberlin
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 bunch parlsey
- 0.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the cauliflower and cut into bite size pieces. (Reserving 1 large floret to make "crumbs"). Leave the florets in a colander to dry throughly or dry on a kitchen towel.
- Using your fingers, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt ensuring that every floret has a coating of salty olive oil. Upend the cauliflower florets into a large roasting pan, making sure not to crowd the cauliflower. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes at 400 F until the cauliflower is soft and brown in parts.
- Steep the raisins in boiling water until they swell to double their original size.
- Finely chop the garlic and the parsley. Whisk the olive oil into the vinegar and add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix in the chopped parsley and the garlic.
- Take the reserved floret and finely slice to get cauliflower "crumbs". When you reach the stalk, turn the floret over continue until there is only stalk left.
- To assemble; arrange the roasted cauliflower on a flat plate, scatter over the raisins and the "crumbs" drizzle the parsley sauce on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.