If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been known to roast cauliflower in countless ways, but I really love how black garlic gently brings out the flavor of this most delicious vegetable. The pancetta is optional, but even though it dirties another pan I feel its completely worth it. - zest in the midwest —zest in the midwest
Food52 Review: Cauliflower gets all grown up with a marinade made from black garlic and sherry and a showering of pancetta and parsley at the end of cooking. Black garlic, which is available for purchase at www.melissas.com, adds a rich sweetness similar to cooked balsamic vinegar, and really elevates the flavor profile of the dish. Substitute roasted garlic cloves if you don't have black garlic on hand. - Lauren —The Editors
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 5 Cloves of black garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 3 ounces pancetta, La Quercia if you can get it
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 f. Break the cauliflower into florets. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the black garlic, olive oil, sherry and butter to a blender or small food processor. Pulse until ingredients are well combined and garlic is finely minced.
- Pour oil and garlic mixture onto the cauliflower. Toss well to coat. Place cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet that has been covered with foil. Arrange it on the baking sheet so the cauliflower forms an even layer. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for 40 minutes, turning florets halfway. While the cauliflower is roasting, chop the pancetta finely and brown in a skillet. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Place on serving plates. Top with parsley and pancetta. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.