If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cooking up the rest of my cauliflower this week I paired cauliflower and red pepper puree in what has turned out to be a very versatile dish. To this very busy week I have found this recipe worked both as a soup for a quick lunch, as well as a hearty sauce for a dinner entree. I like the counter balance the cauliflower lends the red pepper puree to thicken this soup or sauce. —Sagegreen
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet or hot paprika
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 sage leaf
- 1 ounce fresh lemon zest
- florets from 1 cauliflower head
- 2-3 ounces sliced fresh sweet red peppers
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh milled black pepper to taste
- 1 shot dry vermouth
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 pound small heirloom tomatoes
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce capote capers
- 2 ounces black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper puree, skinless
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- splash of cream
- creme fraiche or sour cream, optional garnish
- In a heated saute pan, add the paprika. Next stir in some oil. Add the chopped garlic, onion, sage leaf, and lemon zest.
- Add the cauliflower florets and fresh red peppers to the pan, stirring. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vermouth and vodka. Next add the tomatoes and lemon juice. When the tomatoes are cooked, remove their skins. Add the capers, black olives, cauliflower and pepper puree. Simmer.
- Before serving add a splash of cream, but do not boil. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve this as a soup with crusty bread or as sauce over cauliflower noodles, egg noodles or rice. Optional: garnish with creme fraiche or sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.