Author Notes: I bought all my goodies from Eataly :) - Nicole Franzen
- 2 containers of fresh figs (Black Mission and Kadota figs)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 pound of gorgonzola dolce
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Rinse the figs under cool water. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Trim the stem off and gently run your knife in a X shape. Not going all the way through the fig. Place figs on a non-stick sheet pan and place a small amount of gorgonzola dolce in the center. The addition of procuitto, wrapped around each fig would be a nice touch. I don't eat meat so this is a veg head version :). Drizzle the figs with a little olive oil and balsamic. Add a pinch of sea salt. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You want the cheese to be nice and melted and the figs to be slightly roasted. Place on a plate and finish with any left over sauce from the bottom of the pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side