If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I bought all my goodies from Eataly :) - Nicole Franzen
- 2 containers of fresh figs (Black Mission and Kadota figs)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 pound of gorgonzola dolce
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Rinse the figs under cool water. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Trim the stem off and gently run your knife in a X shape. Not going all the way through the fig. Place figs on a non-stick sheet pan and place a small amount of gorgonzola dolce in the center. The addition of procuitto, wrapped around each fig would be a nice touch. I don't eat meat so this is a veg head version :). Drizzle the figs with a little olive oil and balsamic. Add a pinch of sea salt. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. You want the cheese to be nice and melted and the figs to be slightly roasted. Place on a plate and finish with any left over sauce from the bottom of the pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side