If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 heads of endive (I used purple endive)
- 1 head of watercress (I used purple cress)
- gorgonzola dolce or any type of bleu cheese
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- I use a grill pan because I live in the city and don't have access to a grill. I love grilling and miss cooking on it a lot. Vegetables taste so good when they have that charred flavor, plus there is little clean up. Heat your grill pan on high heat, coat the pan in olive oil. Slice your endive in half and place on the pan. Season with sea salt. Flip when you see nice caramelization and grill marks about 2 minutes a side. You want it to be very tender and soft. I do this salad with raddichio, you could use any of the bitter greens and it turns them sweet and delicious. In a salad bowl add some crumbled blue cheese, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and whisk in about 4 tablespoons of olive oil . Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Adjust to your liking. I prefer mine pretty blue cheesey and I like a good amount of acidity. Wash and dry your watercress. Then toss your watercress in the bowl with the blue cheese vinaigrette. Place on a large plate and put the grilled endive on top. Finish with additional dressing over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side