If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One Valentines Day I made my husband caramels and he promptly melted them down and poured it over popcorn. After I got over the shock of him melting my caramels I arduously labored over, I realized that this wasn't a bad idea. So, I took his idea, ran with it, and added chocolate. - TheDisenchantedHousewife - TheDisenchantedHousewife
Food52 Review: Is there anything better than homemade caramels? Well, TheDisenchantedHousewife has hit on it with this recipe, with caramel, chocolate and popcorn. The caramel gives a bit of resistance as you crunch into the popcorn and the salty-sweet combo is addicting. The hardest part of this recipe is trying to stop eating it! – FrozenFoodie - The Editors
Serves 8 hungry people, 16 munchers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packets microwave popcorn, popped
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a tall saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil over medium high heat. Boil until caramel is a warm golden brown color. DON'T STIR. Just swirl the pan.
- At the same time, bring cream and butter to a simmer in a small pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside but keep warm
- When the sugar is caramelized slowly add the cream into the caramel. Beware, it will boil violently.
- Stir in the vanilla and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the mix reached 248 degrees F (firm ball). Set aside and allow to cool slightly
- Pour warm caramel over two bags of your favorite popped popcorn. Coat completely and allow to harden.
- In a heat proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt all 12 ounces of chocolate.
- When chocolate becomes melted, pour over caramel corn and coat completely. Allow to cool and harden before enjoying.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Prep your pans for perfection.
Stop the soap opera.