If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Way, way back when I was in elementary school my mother was head of the candy corps for the Mother's Club bazaar that was held every November. She inherited this recipe from an old fashioned soda shop that also made its' own candy called Elliott's in Petaluma that has been closed for about 50 something years. It is a decadent gift for occasions when you want to be remembered sweetly, like Holidays and birthdays. - dymnyno
Serves 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate pieces or chips (I used Guittard)
- 6 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
- In a large pot add the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, water and butter. Stir until the mixture boils and makes a soft ball when dropped in a glass of water. (this happens rather quickly!)
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Quickly beat the chocolate and the marshmallows into the mixture until they have dissolved completely. Then add the walnuts and mix thoroughly .
- Spread the mixture on a slab of marble or a baking sheet and let it cool.
- After the fudge is completely cooled, cut it into whatever size pieces that you want.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat