Author Notes: I love both Halloween and pumpkin and wanted to make truffles that tasted like pumpkin pie and looked like cute little mini pumpkins! - Kerstin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops orange gel food coloring
- 15 small pecan pieces
- Mix butter, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in a small nonstick pan and heat over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix cooked pumpkin, brown sugar, flour, and salt in medium bowl until well combined. Chill dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Shape chilled dough into 15 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper on a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator while preparing chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a shallow bowl on High 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Mix orange gel food coloring with the melted chocolate until smooth. Using 2 forks, dip pumpkin balls into melted chocolate and cover evenly. Place on waxed paper and top each truffle with a pecan piece “stump”. Serve after chocolate sets, about 5 minutes. Makes 15 truffles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat