Author Notes: This is inspired by a pizza I had in Barcelona 3 summers ago. I've been making it in sandwich form since I got back and it makes me swoon every time. I make it when I find myself at home alone and occasionally for a lucky friend. It is infinitely greater than the sum of its parts. - iuzzini
- 1 fresh egg (fried to taste)
- 2 pieces farm bread (toasted)
- 2-3 asparagus spears (roasted)
- .5 tomato
- drizzle olive oil
- grated parmesan or another delicious cheese with a bite
- 1-2 slices prosciutto (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Butter or olive oil for the skillet
- Lube a medium sized skillet with butter or olive oil. If you have some leftover roasted asparagus, put them into the pan to reheat- if not, break off the ends of the spears, roll in olive oil, salt and pepper, and roll them around in the hot skillet until soft yet still bright green.
- Begin frying your egg in the other half of the pan.
- Toast 2 slices of delicious chewy farm bread or something along the same line . . .
- Flip your egg if desired. Salt and pepper it.
- Rub the tomato half onto the toasted bread. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the asparagus lengthwise. Begin assembling your sandwich: bread, prosciutto (if you decided to go in that direction), egg, asparagus, grated cheese, bread. Slice in half. Enjoy with some wine or beer. Think about Gaudi.