If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This drink was inspired by an Apple Cider martini I sampled at our local farmers market and the tradition of a neighbor who offers hot spiked cider to parents of trick or treaters. I tried mixing cold sweet cider with vodka, rum or bourbon. All were good but I liked the Maker's Mark bourbon version best. I used a little cinnamon syrup to add extra sweetness and spice. —JoanG
- 1 shot glass of Maker's Mark bourbon
- 4 ounces good local apple cider, best if unpasteurized
- 1/2 shot of cinnamon syrup (like Torani or Monin)
- 1 apple slice for garnish
- ice cubes or crushed ice
- Mix bourbon, cider and syrup together in a cocktail shaker along with the ice cubes or crushed ice. Shake and strain into a glass.
- Garnish with apple slice. Sip, and enjoy giving out candy to the trick or treaters. I think this treat is better than candy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.