If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you need a change from all the "sweet" Fair goodness, this is an excellent, fresh out of the oven treat. It is moist, rich and spicy with cream & tequila poured into the center of the corn batter to form a custard filling that will bake right in the middle...no need for butter or syrup with this cornbread! - lapadia
Makes one 8×8 inch pan
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup finely minced jalapeno (optional – seed & stems for extra heat)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon gold tequila
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with non-stick buttery cooking spray and place it in the oven to heat.
- In a large mixing bowl cut the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, jalapeno and cheddar cheese with a pastry cutter until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs, add into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Stir in the vinegar
- Pour batter into the pre-heated baking pan. Add the tequila to the heavy cream and gently pour it into the center of the batter – Do Not Stir. Carefully return the pan to the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown, center will be soft.
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes before serving. Best if eaten the same day it is made.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!