Author Notes: My inspiration for holiday themed baking is my mom. As a child, my mom made everything from homemade Easter candy for our baskets to ornate Christmas cookies, without a cutout in sight. I saw this recipe in the Frango cookbook by Macy's and instantly thought this looked like a creation of my mom's. With a few adaptations of my own, this treat is sure to become a favorite. With just three ingredients, you will be ready to make these at the drop of a ... you got it! ( Minimal assembly required) - ashleypiersonchasesdinner
Serves 10 to 12 hats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips- like Hershey's
- 1/2 cup All Bran Cereal
- 10 to 12 Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- Melt dark chocolate chips, about 40 seconds in the microwave. Set aside for 3 minutes.
- Measure 1/2 Cup of All Bran Cereal and add in melted chocolate. Stir ingredients together. Let cool in refridgerator for 5 minutes.
- Spead out chocolate wafers on a platter or tray. Spoon a small amount of cereal mixture onto wafer and mold into pointy hat with your fingers. Sprinkle with orange crystal sugar. Refridgerate for at least 10 minutes to set hats.
- May also store in a air tight container for up to 2 days in the refridgerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat