If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Chocolate and I love Mousse and I love festive shapes ...thus this idea was born... chocolate shaped cups filled with chocolate mousse and garnished with chocolate spiders and webs...Trick or treat...spider or webs? - micki barzilay
- 8 ounces Bitter Sweet Chocolate- finely grated
- 4 tablespoons butter ( unsalted)
- 4 tablespoons decaf coffee ( strong & high quality)
- 2 cups heavy cream ( refrigerated cold)
- 6 eggs ( separated)
- 2 tablespoons fine grain brown sugar
- 12 chocolate molded shaped cups ( pre-made)
- 12 ounces grated dark chocolate
- Making the Mouse: Whip the cream to soft peaks, and place in refrigerator. Combine chocolate, butter, & decaf coffee in the top of a double boiler -use hot water ( not boiling) in bottom pan, stir frequently to a smooth consistancy.Remove from heat ,cool till chocolate is warm to the touch, but not too cool .or added ingredients will not form properly .Whip egg whites until foamy and hold a shape Add sugar & whip till peaks form . Next stir in the yolks, then 1/2 of the whipping cream, then 1/2 of the egg whites. Mix together then add remining whites then cream. Refrigerate mouse for 8 hours.
- Making the chocolate webs and spiders: Using the same process w/ the double boiler melt the dark chocolate and put melted hot chocolate into a piping bag. Then free hand create spiders and webs ( as in my illustration- see both photos). Pipe onto parchment paper. Then refrigerate.
- Assembling the mouse, chocolate cups, spider & webs :You may either use pre-made purchased chocolate shaped cups ( or other shapes of your choice) ...or mold your own following same steps for melting the chocolate as above. Whichever you choose to use the next step would be to fill or pipe the mousse to a peak into the chocolate cup ( or shape of your choice) and then carefully remove the webs and spiders and place on top of the mousse. Refrigerate till ready to serve. Trick or treat will it be a spider or a web?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.