If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe belonged to my grandmother, who I always recognized more for all of the italian cookies she baked at christmas time. But my father has fond fond memories of the apple dapple cake that she used to make, and I have enjoyed baking it these last few falls. —JennD
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups oil
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups raw apple, sliced thinner than for pie
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Beat together the eggs, granulated sugar, oil, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the apple slices, and continue to mix with the mixer.
- Add 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Turn the batter into a greased tube pan (or bundt pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Test it for doneness, and cook longer if neccessary.
- To make the topping, melt the brown sugar, milk, and butter in a saucepan.
- Pour the hot sauce over the hot cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake