Author Notes: This is one of my favorite year round treats! - Xcskier20 - Xcskier20
Food52 Review: The pistachio filling in these chocolates is an enjoyable twist from the regular peanut butter cup. The gooey, green filling is perfect for Halloween -- try lightly toasting the nuts before grinding for a more robust flavor. - Stephanie - A&M
- 1 cup Shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1. Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until 75% of chunks are melted.
- 2. <elt the last 25% of chunks without heat by stirring to temper the chocolate.
- 3. Set out 24 mini muffin liners, and add one tablespoon of chocolate to each liner, using the back of the spoon to coat the sides of the liner.
- 4. Place the liners in the fridge for a half hour or the freezer for 10 minutes until completely solid.
- 5. Meanwhile, combine pistachios, salt, and butter in a food processor until smooth.
- 6. Add powdered sugar and one to two tablespoons of water until you have a thick frosting consistency.
- 7. Remove liners from cooling and add one tablespoon of pistachio mix to each liner.
- 8. Reheat remaining melted chocolate and cover the pistachio mix with remaining chocolate.
- 9. Enjoy!