If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite year round treats! - Xcskier20 —Xcskier20
Food52 Review: The pistachio filling in these chocolates is an enjoyable twist from the regular peanut butter cup. The gooey, green filling is perfect for Halloween -- try lightly toasting the nuts before grinding for a more robust flavor. - Stephanie —The Editors
- 1 cup Shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1. Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until 75% of chunks are melted.
- 2. <elt the last 25% of chunks without heat by stirring to temper the chocolate.
- 3. Set out 24 mini muffin liners, and add one tablespoon of chocolate to each liner, using the back of the spoon to coat the sides of the liner.
- 4. Place the liners in the fridge for a half hour or the freezer for 10 minutes until completely solid.
- 5. Meanwhile, combine pistachios, salt, and butter in a food processor until smooth.
- 6. Add powdered sugar and one to two tablespoons of water until you have a thick frosting consistency.
- 7. Remove liners from cooling and add one tablespoon of pistachio mix to each liner.
- 8. Reheat remaining melted chocolate and cover the pistachio mix with remaining chocolate.
- 9. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.