Author Notes: This is what happens when a sweet tooth takes over the kitchen. For best results use tart/sour apples in order to get a contrast with the butterschotch. - AmandaE
Makes 39 2in cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cups apples, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add the applesauce, salt, and cider. Mix well.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture, blending well.
- Stir in the chips and apples.
- Drop the cookies on to non-stick baking sheets with good spacing around each cookie. Bake for 11 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat