If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what happens when a sweet tooth takes over the kitchen. For best results use tart/sour apples in order to get a contrast with the butterschotch. —AmandaE
Makes 39 2in cookies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup apples, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add the applesauce, salt, and cider. Mix well.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture, blending well.
- Stir in the chips and apples.
- Drop the cookies on to non-stick baking sheets with good spacing around each cookie. Bake for 11 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.