Author Notes: This cake is too easy and too delicious. It wows everybody who tastes it. I call it an apple peel cake because you don't peel the apples. Hilda is my Mom. - Ken
- 3 cups apples (cored but not peeled) cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, 2 eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Batter will be stiff.
- Fold apples and walnuts into batter.
- Place in greased bundt pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Let cool for 20 minutes and then unmold. Can be topped with confectionary sugar (but it's not necessary).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake