If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is too easy and too delicious. It wows everybody who tastes it. I call it an apple peel cake because you don't peel the apples. Hilda is my Mom. - Ken
- 3 cups apples (cored but not peeled) cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, 2 eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Batter will be stiff.
- Fold apples and walnuts into batter.
- Place in greased bundt pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Let cool for 20 minutes and then unmold. Can be topped with confectionary sugar (but it's not necessary).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake