If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adults like Halloween treats too! Enjoy this variation on the caramel apple and play on the apple martini...the result: Caramel Appletini Pops for your upcoming Halloween party :) —froandafork
Serves about 6 pops
Caramel Appletini Pops
- 5 Granny Smith Apples
- 4 ounces vodka or rum
- 2 ounces apple schnapps
- wooden skewers
- Caramel Sauce
- 1.5 cups crushed graham crackers
- Cut each apple in half and use a melon baller to make apple domes. Place the completed domes in a bowl of water with a bit of lemon or lime juice to prevent browning of the apples while you work.
- In a large bowl, combine the vodka (or rum) and apple schnapps.
- Place apple domes in the bowl with the vodka (or rum) + schnapps mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and allow the apples to "become drunk" in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- After an hour remove apple domes from the alcohol mixture, lightly pat dry (not too hard, we want the alcohol to stay in there!), and place 4-5 domes on each skewer.
- Generously spoon caramel sauce over each apple skewer and place the skewers on a parchment paper lined pan or a silpat.
- Once apples are covered with caramel, generously sprinkle each skewer with graham cracker dust and place in the refrigerator to allow the caramel to cool and reset.
- Enjoy! *Note: Unlike normal caramel apples, this should be enjoyed the same day so that the graham crackers do not become soggy. You can however make them a few hours ahead of your event*
Caramel Sauce for a Cheater
- 25 pieces caramel candy (I used the ones sold at Whole Foods' Bakery)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place cream and candies in a sauce pan over low heat until caramels have melted, stirring occasionally.
- Use this sauce to coat the drunken apples.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.