If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A humble pea soup can be cooked a thousand different ways and can be made to suit most occasions and seasons. Served chilled, it can be perfect for a summer or spring lunch. All you really need is some peas and a blender. Rest of it can be put together based on the state of your fridge and pantry! The following is a very quick and simple recipe with no fancy ingredients. —anu
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2-3 scallions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Grated pecorino romano/parmigiano reggiano, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add roughly sliced garlic.
- Add chopped up scallions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add thawed peas, or if you are feeling too lazy, just add them frozen.
- Once the peas are coated with oil, add salt and pepper.
- Add about a cup of water and cook until peas are done. Don’t over cook them. It should take just about 1-2 minutes for this much quantity.
- Transfer to a blender and purée.
- Put the puréed mixture back in the pot. Don’t boil it, just simmer for a few seconds while mixing in the cream.
- If it’s too thick, just add some water and heat through. If it is too thin, add a little more cream.
- Check for salt and pepper, sprinkle the cheese and serve with toasted bread.