If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am big on making rich stocks for recipes. It is a free food item and adds huge layers of flavor to any dish - John Wilder
- 1 11/2 lb lobster
- 1 lb large shrimp preferably with head on
- 2 cups rice of your choice
- 1 green pepper
- 2 medium yellow or vidalia onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 links smoked sausage
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Put 4 quarts of water to boil in a large stock pot
- drop the seafood in and cook until just pink
- Remove from boiling water with a slotted spoon allowing the waterr to continue to boil.
- Remove lobster meat and shrimp from the shells and toss shells and lobster body and shrimp shells and heads back into boiling water.
- Once you have reduced the stock to 1 quart or 4 cups remove from heat and strain out the shells and reserve stock.
- coursely chop your vegetables
- in your paellla pan, add the oil and saute the green peppers then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Then saute the chicken breasts until browned and remove
- turn down heat to medium low and saute the onions until they are carmelized about 20-30 minutes then remove with a slotted spoon
- chop the smoked sausage and brown to remove the excess grease and remove with a slotted spoon.
- wipe out paella pan with paper towels and add the stock, rice, onions, peas, garllic powder, and saffron and cook covered until done, about 15-20 minutes
- add back in chicken, shrimp, sausage, and lobster meat as well as the green peppers and stir and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Paella