If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- Bunch of Kale (I used Tuscan kale)
- Ciabatta or Baguette
- A Lemon
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- A clove of Garlic
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- for kale: Wash kale and remove the thicker portion of the stem. You can leave the top portion but the bottom portion of the stem is fairly tough. I used Tuscan kale in this recipe but you could use any kale. You could also leave the kale raw, I decided a little grilling would add a nice boost of flavor. Lightly grease the grill and season the kale with salt, cook till tender and slightly crispy.
- for croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, slice about 2 slices of bread per person into cubes. You could use day old bread. I used ciabatta but any of your favorite bread would do. On a sheet pan add cubed bread and drizzle with a little olive oil. Season with a little salt and bake for about 10 minutes. Keeping a close eye and flipping once. Pull out of oven and set aside to cool.
- for dressing: In a bowl add one tablespoon of dijon mustard, using a garlic press or a microplane add one clove of garlic. You could also use a knife to make the garlic into a paste. You want it smooth, and not to bit into a chunks of garlic. Add the juice of one lemon and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil to combine all ingredients (emulsifying). Taste and adjust to desired balance of acidity and oil.
- For plating: you could slice the kale into strips for easier consumption, if not a sharper knife will be needed. Put the kale on a plate and drizzle the dressing over the top, scatter the croutons around. I took shavings of parmesan and made strips with my knife. I like that its evenly dispersed and you get a little bit of parmesan in every bit. This salad is super delicious! Its defiantly a new favorite of mine, a new twist on a classic. YUM
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side