If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's another option for leftover salmon. I sometimes buy a whole fillet and roast it in two pieces - one for the first dinner, maybe with a crust of mustard and bread crumbs, and the other with just a little salt and pepper and olive oil for salmon cakes a couple of days later. - healthierkitchen
Serves 3 - 4
- 1 pound of wild salmon, poached or roasted, and cooled, then flaked
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup homemade or best quality breadcrumbs, divided in two
- 2 tablespoons capers, soaked and rinsed several times, then roughly chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for pan frying
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. You'll need a frying or saute pan and a baking sheet ready.
- Mix all ingredients except for 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and the olive oil in a medium sized bowl, careful not to break up the salmon pieces too much. Once fully incorporated, mold into six cakes.
- Dip both sides of each cake in the remaining bread crumbs and pan fry over medium heat in the olive oil. Once the cakes are lightly browned on both sides move them to the cookie sheet and place in the oven for about 10 minutes to finish cooking. This also gives you time to get a salad together!
- Serve over a salad of baby arugula or greens dressed lightly with a lemony vinaigrette.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.