If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was in culinary school we tweaked the recipe our teacher gave us and came up with this. I think you'll love it! —lorinda_strawn
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless
- to taste salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 onion meium dice
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 green bell pepper, medium dice
- 12 ounces long grain rice
- 26 ounces chicken stock, hot
- 4 ounces chorizo
- 12 clams, scrubbed
- 16 -20 count shrimp
- 1 lobster, cut up
- 12 mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 1 lemon zest
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Pan fry it in the oil, browning it well. Cooking till done. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and bell peppers to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the rice and saute until it turns translucent.
- Stir the chick stock into the rice and bring to a boil.
- Add the chorizo, clams and cockles to the pan. Cover and place in a 375 F degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, lobster and cooked chicken to the pan. Add lemon zest. Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add the mussels to the pan and cook until the shrimp and lobster are done, the chicken is hot and all the shellfish are opened.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Paella