If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great utilitarian recipe for the holidays, or any time. In one dish, you can capture several ingredients associated with holiday menus, but it's also a good dish to make when there is extra produce floating around your kitchen. The warm shallot dressing binds the ingredients together and can be made while the vegetables are roasting. - Bevi
Serves 4 portions
- 1/2 Butternut squash, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 12 Baby new potatoes, cut to make 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- a big handful Green beans, left whole but with the tips removed
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 bulb Shallot, minced, to make about 1 heaping TBLS.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea Salt and Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place prepared vegetables on a roasting sheet pan in one layer. Jouge with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put in the lower third of your oven.
- In the meantime, saute the minced shallot in a little bit of olive oil until translucent.
- Emulsify the lemon juice with about 1/4 cup olive oil. Then, add in the shallots and mix thoroughly.
- Remember to keep your eye on the vegetables, turning with a metal spatula as needed.
- Test your vegetables for doneness - I like the squash and potatoes to be slightly caramelized, and the beans to be well roasted. This takes around 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Pour the shallot dressing over the veggies, and mix well. If necessary, season with salt and pepper according to your preference. Place in a serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.