If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the recipe I made that won the first challenge when I was on the Next Food Network Star season 3. It was a potluck theme and I had to make a vegetarian side dish.You can use spinach or arugula if you don't have beet greens. I like using leftover beet greens-they're delicious(and nutritious!) and usually no one knows what to do with them. - colombedujour
- 1 1/2 pounds Butternut Squash(peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 bunch beet greens, washed
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven at 400
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drizzle the squash pieces with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and add the cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt, toss to evenly coat and roast for 45-50 minutes.
- Cut the leaves of the beet greens off of the stalks. Chiffonade leaves, rolling three at a time and then making thin slices on a diagonal.
- When the squash is cooked through, remove from oven and mix in the beet greens right on the baking sheet. If needed, add the T olive oil.
- Then add the mint, goat cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!