If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the first days of fall, I did this fantastic recipe...I loved the flavor of butternut squash mixed with ginger. It adds an original touch. It's a nice recipe for chilly days in autumn. —Elizabeth2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, sliced finely
- 4 cups butternut squash, pealed and diced
- 3 cups vegetables or chiken broth
- 1/2 cup 35 % cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic and ginger root.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender.
- Add the broth and the butternut squash, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- With a mixer, reduce in a soup. Add cream and curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
The science of soggy cereal, vegetables in space, and more
This weekend's reading.
Out of the park toppings.
It's time to travel.
Life's a beach.
Put cake on a pedestal.