If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wegmans was offering a taste test of Butternut Squash which was roasted and delicious....I asked the demonstrator for the recipe, and he gave me a general idea. I added my own twist to the recipe - I sauteed the squash rather than roasting, and added some different spices and garnishes. It only took about 20 minutes to make, and the end result is a delightful autumnal healthy side dish. - LazizaBites
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons basting oil, infused with garlic and herbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- half of medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup cranberry trail mix (incl. pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins, sunflower seeds...)
- 1 tablespoon organic agave nectar
- In a mixing bowl, add squash and season with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the basting oil.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of basting oil and the butter in a large pot (that has a cover) over medium heat, and then add the squash to the pot. (Add a little water, about 2 tbsp., to the mixing bowl that held the squash and basting oil, and set aside)
- Let the squash cook for about 4 - 5 minutes, until the squash starts to brown a little on one side.
- Add the red onion slices to the pot, and gently saute the squash and onions. Continue to brown the squash, but adjust heat so as to not burn the squash.
- Add the baby spinach to the pot, and mix gently. Sprinkle the curry powder over top, and add the reserved water from the mixing bowl. Mix gently, cover and cook on low for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberry trail mix; cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Check squash for doneness, and add more salt and curry spice if needed; Drizzle the agave nectar over the squash. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking