If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a huge soup lover. I eat soups all year around but when fall hits I make lots of them. I end up making lots of chicken stock that i put away in containers in the freezer then i just take them out weekly and use them as a base for my soup.
This soup is very easy. All you have to is put all these ingredients in the pot and let it simmer and then puree. Could not be easier. Make sure you use some tart apples for the soup.
- 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock
- 2 pounds butternut squash cut in small cubes
- 2 tart apples (peeled) cut into small cubes
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Prepare the chicken stock or heat it up if you had some stored away.
- Add squash, apples, shallots, and herbs.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are soft and tender.
- Puree in food processor until the consistency you like.
- Return to pan and add half and half.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for a few more minutes. Taste for any additional seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.