If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had gone to the Greenmarket and picked up a big butternut squash along with some wonderful sheep's milk ricotta. We had roasted the squash and had a fair amount left over. The next day I took the squash out of the fridge and happened to see the ricotta on the shelf begging to be eaten. - rbnyc
- 1 medium butternut sqush
- 1/2 cup ricotta (preferably sheep's milk)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (optional)
- Cut squash in half and roast (with seeds in) face down in a baking dish at 425 degrees until soft (approximately 40 minutes)
- Remove seeds (can be reserved for roasting) and scoop squash from skin.
- Add all remaining ingredients and using either a fork or an immersion blender (depending on preferred texture) combine or smooth or slightly chunky.
- Reheat in oven until hot. If desired add enough brown sugar over the top to cover and broil until carmelized.