If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We adapted this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa butternut squash soup. The flavor of the butternut squash is enhanced by the spiciness of the curry, the nuttiness of the asiago cheese and the sweetness of the apples. —adamnsvetcooking
- 3 1/2 cups Pealed and cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups Cubed apples, I used Honey Crisps
- 1 Small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 1 cup Grated asiago cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour for the pizza dough
- 8 oz. of pizza dough, I used pre-made, multi grain pizza dough from Whole Foods (there are a lot of good pizza dough recipes here on the site and this one is my favorite http://www.food52.com/recipes/4502_una_pizza_rustica_e_autentica_for_sophia_loren)
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. On a backing pan add the cubed butternut squash, apples, and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 45 to 1hr and 15 mins (until the butternut squash is soft and has started to caramelize). Remove from oven and let it cool for few mins.
- Take 2/3 of the mixture and add to a food processor, add the curry powder and mix until there is a paste created. You might need to add little bit of chicken stock to thin out the paste.
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness. We like it thin crust, and I we rolled out about 10'' pie. Place on a backing pan or pizza stone. Smear the butternut squash and curry paste on the pizza dough. Top the pizza with the reserved mixture of roasted butternut squash, apples and onions, and the grated asiago cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 30 mins or until the pizza crust is backed. The backing time is dependent on the thickness of the pizza crust.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.