If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: just an interesting twist on comfort lamb shanks - cookingcontestjunkie
- 6 lamb shanks
- 6 cloves garlic,sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions,diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or stock(vegetable,beef or chicken)
- 1 butternut squash,peeled,seeded,cut in 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Insert garlic slices in lamb shanks.Brown meat in oil in dutch oven.Add onions and cook until soft.Pour off excess fat and add tomatoes,seasonings and liquid.Bake in 350 degree oven,uncovered,2 hours.Add squash last 45 minutes.Adjust seasonings,top with fresh parsley.Great over pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.