If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We call this Helen’s Apple Dapple cake because it was my grandmother Helen’s recipe and now my mom, Helen, makes it (and has passed the recipe to me…Jennifer Helen!)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add the whisked eggs and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir just until the mixture comes together then add the apples, raisins and walnuts. Stir to incorporate the fruit and nuts throughout the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Place pan on rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls