If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, Pizzelle was a "must" during the holiday season; my grandmother made orange-anise Pizzelle and I wanted chocolate, so here it is. These crisp chocolate snowflake wafers are excellent on their own, as well as rolled and piped with a cream filling. Oh, and a Chocolate Vodka Martini makes an excellent accompaniment! —lapadia
Makes about 50 cookies
- Tool needed: Villa Ware Pizzelle Baker
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon Espresso Powder (Medaglia D' Oro)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups of flour (all purpose)
- Preheat the pizzelle baker.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and whisk to incorporate the sugar and Espresso powder.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add and mix the cooled butter, vanilla and crème de cacao.
- Sift the baking powder, cocoa and flour together.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/egg mixture 1 cup at a time; mix to make a light enough dough to drop onto the pizzelle baker.
- Drop a heaping teaspoonful of batter in center of each grid pattern to make full size pizzelles.
- Hold handles together firmly during baking, note: some bakers have a clip to hold the handles firmly together. Trim off any overflow if needed.
- Baking time is 30 to 45 seconds, will vary slightly because of consistency of the batter or the amount of dough used. Let cool completely on a rack, then store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Recipe of the Day
Use your melon (to make this salad)
Recipe of the Day
Enter our latest contest!
It's time to travel.
GMOs: You have the right to know.
Put cake on a pedestal.