If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My kids aren't very picky, but there are some things I just can't get them to eat. I have found, however, they will eat anything if it is in a tortilla! —cookiecakes
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup your favorite salsa
- 8 oz Your Favorite Cheese, shredded
- 10 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray (olive or canola are fine)
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil and roast in a 400 degree oven about 30-45 minutes, until soft.
- When squash is done roasting, mash with a potato masher and stir in spices, black beans and salsa.
- Spread a couple of Tablespoons over half of a tortilla, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half and spray with cooking spray. Place on a heated griddle to med-hi and cook about 5 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more or until cheese is all melted.
- Cut into thirds and serve with your favorite quesadilla toppings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
Forget Green Pesto
Here's why red is rad
Green pesto is so last summer.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Beet greens can't be beat.
Savor the season.