Author Notes: My kids aren't very picky, but there are some things I just can't get them to eat. I have found, however, they will eat anything if it is in a tortilla! - cookiecakes
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup your favorite salsa
- 8 oz Your Favorite Cheese, shredded
- 10 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray (olive or canola are fine)
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil and roast in a 400 degree oven about 30-45 minutes, until soft.
- When squash is done roasting, mash with a potato masher and stir in spices, black beans and salsa.
- Spread a couple of Tablespoons over half of a tortilla, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half and spray with cooking spray. Place on a heated griddle to med-hi and cook about 5 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more or until cheese is all melted.
- Cut into thirds and serve with your favorite quesadilla toppings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash