Author Notes: The Parmesan coats the potatoes and squash and transforms this side dish from simple to euphoria-inducing. OK, it remains simple, but still. Honestly, for me it even transforms it from side dish to main. Just add a side salad. - Cara Eisenpress
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup butternut squash, cute in 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Toss to coat the potatoes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and crisp, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash