If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A cake which pleasantly surprised us with its tastiness, considering it all began as an experiment! - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 cake
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 chestnut flour (or plain flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash puree, blitzed till smooth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons flaked, raw almonds
- 1/3 cup dessicated coconut or additional almond meal
- 1 teaspoon finely freshly grated ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Then grease a regular sized brownie tin ( with butter, then sprinkle the insides with almond meal or dessicated coconut to form a coating round base and edge of pan and
- In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together - almond meal, chestnut/plain flour, baking powder, ginger powder and salt. Whisk to combine
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients - BNS puree, egg, yogurt, lime and lemon zest, oil and maple syrup. Whisk well together
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and using a spatula, stir very well to combine
- Pour into greased and 'floured' brownie tin and sprinkle over the flaked almonds on top. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out with a few crumbs and not moist batter.
- Serve with Magical coffee (recipe on food52)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash