Author Notes: I love fall, and I love butternut squash. A roasting squash can take me right back to my childhood in my mother's kitchen. All the ingredients of this recipe I pick up locally. Local maple syrup and farmers' market squash make for the freshest start to this dish. This recipe combines the richness of maple syrup with a bacon blast, while gently bringing in the caramelized butternut squash. The ingredients all work together so effortlessly. - ashleypiersonchasesdinner
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 head garlic, peeled, seperated and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon- crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh sage- chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash, and cut butternut squash into cubes.
- Place squash and chopped garlic on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and maple syrup. Pour over squash and garlic to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over squash.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add chopped bacon, chopped sage and pine nuts to squash.
- Place back in oven for 30 minutes or until squash is caramelized.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash