If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love fall, and I love butternut squash. A roasting squash can take me right back to my childhood in my mother's kitchen. All the ingredients of this recipe I pick up locally. Local maple syrup and farmers' market squash make for the freshest start to this dish. This recipe combines the richness of maple syrup with a bacon blast, while gently bringing in the caramelized butternut squash. The ingredients all work together so effortlessly. —ashleychasesdinner
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 head garlic, peeled, seperated and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon- crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh sage- chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash, and cut butternut squash into cubes.
- Place squash and chopped garlic on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and maple syrup. Pour over squash and garlic to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over squash.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add chopped bacon, chopped sage and pine nuts to squash.
- Place back in oven for 30 minutes or until squash is caramelized.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.