If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know this gravy recipe is not a traditional one but it's a mighty delicious one! I love the complex flavors of Thai cuisine which manage to always tantalize our taste buds with sweet, salty, sour & spicy goodness. Now pair these distinctive flavors with juicy & succulent lamb shanks, I think we have a winner! —onetribegourmet
Roasted Lamb Shanks in Thai Flavors
- 2 lamb shanks, about 1 1/2 lb each, fat trimmed
- 8 ounces coconut milk, unsweetened canned
- 1/2 cup fresh thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 sprig fresh lemon grass, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon thai red curry paste, canned
- 1 tablespoon thai palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic & ginger paste, minced
- 2 red thai chiles, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Blend all of the ingredients above in a blender until a paste forms for the marinade.
- In a non-reactive glass or plastic container, pierce the lamb shanks with a fork and pour the marinade. Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- Take out the lamb shanks from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Place the lamb shanks & the entire marinade in a covered baking dish.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until the meat is tender and should have a brownish roasted look. Pour the juices in a sauce pan for the gravy and cover the lamb shanks & let it rest for 20 minutes.
- NOTE: You can apply this same recipe to a Roasted Leg of Lamb.
Creamy Cocounut Gravy
- 1 cup juces from the lamb shanks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Add extra coconut milk & chicken stock to the lamb shank juices. Let it simmer and thicken a bit for 10 minutes. Strain the gravy in a strainer and Pour & Serve hot over the Lamb Shanks. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.